So I have been thinking about how unfit I am and that being an older mom (meaning that I was older when I started to have my kids) I know that I need to make a change in my life if I want to be around to see my Grandchildren. Some of my friends from a board I am on that I have gotten to know over the past 3 years have been talking about running lately. They have inspired me to try to do more to get fit. One of the mom's mentioned a program called Couch to 5K and I thought that sounded like a good program.

So starting now, this blog is going to be about my journey to go from obese to fit. I don't know how long it is going to take, I am not looking for a quick fix, I want to do this for the long run and keep up with it. I am sure there are going to be times when I slip up, but I am creating this blog to keep me accountable. And for all of my followers to keep me accountable too. So I definitely encourage positive feedback!

~ Tina

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Been a few days

I figured I better get myself over here and make a post!  It's been a few days since my last post, but up until yesterday I was doing great still, just had been so busy with work and the kids and other distractions.  My motivation really went downhill the last couple of days.  Not sure if it is due to "that time of the month" or that Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  Probably a combination of the two.  Yesterday I really wanted to order a pizza, but I resisted and had my Lean Cuisine pizza instead.  I did end up eating one fun size Baby Ruth, but really that isn't too bad considering it was the first piece of candy I have had in over a week.  I was a bit discouraged when I weighed myself on Sat and found I weighed the same then as I did when I started, but I suppose that has to do with my period, I would like to think it would go down this week, but it probably won't since it's Thanksgiving week.  I am sure I will get back on track and start seeing some results next week.  On a positive note, I could feel a difference in how my pants were fitting, so something must be working.  I'll get back to posting my daily tracking next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment