So I have been thinking about how unfit I am and that being an older mom (meaning that I was older when I started to have my kids) I know that I need to make a change in my life if I want to be around to see my Grandchildren. Some of my friends from a board I am on that I have gotten to know over the past 3 years have been talking about running lately. They have inspired me to try to do more to get fit. One of the mom's mentioned a program called Couch to 5K and I thought that sounded like a good program.

So starting now, this blog is going to be about my journey to go from obese to fit. I don't know how long it is going to take, I am not looking for a quick fix, I want to do this for the long run and keep up with it. I am sure there are going to be times when I slip up, but I am creating this blog to keep me accountable. And for all of my followers to keep me accountable too. So I definitely encourage positive feedback!

~ Tina

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Great work outs to end a great day

I did great again today with food, I was actually under in calories, and I wasn't hungry at all.  I switched to whole wheat bread, and had two pieces of toast with a little spreadable butter, for lunch I had a turkey sandwich, cucumbers and raspberries.  For dinner I had a Lean Cuisine frozen pizza.  I drake 6 glasses of water today.  And for a snack I made this recipe, WW Key Lime Pie, except I made it without the crust, and I used strawberry flavors instead of lime.

A couple days ago I started listening to a hypnosis app on my droid, Lose Weight - Andrew Johnson, I think it is helping me to make better decisions, plus it is really relaxing and it helps me sleep good.

I didn't get outside for a walk tonight because by the time Samantha woke up from her nap, it was already getting dark.  But once I got the girls to bed, I found some workout videos through On Demand on my cable.  I did two workouts, I had to modify them a bit one because I am not in that great of shape and also because when I was bouncing around it was shaking the floor and was too noisy and I didn't want to wake the girls. 


Some friends of mine are doing a Biggest Loser Challenge and they were nice enough to let me join them even though they had already started a couple weeks ago, that really is helping to motivate me to do better for my team.  I know if it wasn't for that challenge I would have skipped exercise today, but I really wanted to get the points.

Today's Stats:

Distance: N/A
Calories Burned: 605
Time: 55 min.

Calories In: 1600 of 2030 goal

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great!

    Try some eggs for breakfast or something with a bit more protein. Do you like eggs? :)

    Laughing cow cheese wedges are awesome. They go great with snacks.

    What videos did you try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roxie. I do like eggs, that is a great suggestion. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE laughing cow cheese and I think I have some in my fridge too, so I will have to add that!

    There was a 21 Day makeover Cardio workout with Brooklyn Decker (never heard of her) and her personal trainer, it was pretty good. And then I did a Biggest Loser Cardio workout.

    ReplyDelete