So I have been thinking about how unfit I am and that being an older mom (meaning that I was older when I started to have my kids) I know that I need to make a change in my life if I want to be around to see my Grandchildren. Some of my friends from a board I am on that I have gotten to know over the past 3 years have been talking about running lately. They have inspired me to try to do more to get fit. One of the mom's mentioned a program called Couch to 5K and I thought that sounded like a good program.

So starting now, this blog is going to be about my journey to go from obese to fit. I don't know how long it is going to take, I am not looking for a quick fix, I want to do this for the long run and keep up with it. I am sure there are going to be times when I slip up, but I am creating this blog to keep me accountable. And for all of my followers to keep me accountable too. So I definitely encourage positive feedback!

~ Tina

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Good day yesterday

I had a really good day, worked for 12 hours, so I wasn't able to get in much exercise, but I made much better food choices.  I started out with some Quaker Squares cereal and some yogurt, had a great salad for lunch.  I recreated the salad that I bought at Cub on Thursday last week.  For dinner I forgot my frozen meal that I was going to have, so I just finished my cereal.  I had some cucumbers and other fruit and some almonds throughout the day.  I also drank 8 glasses of water.  I had a diet pepsi for lunch and I only drank half of it when I switched to water.  I did still have my cup of coffee in the morning, but like most mornings I only drank half of that too.

It feels good to be making a positive change in my life!  I did end up getting that double jogging stroller on Sunday, but now the weather has decided to be more like winter, so not sure if I will be taking the girls out for a walk today or not.  We'll just have to see what it is like out there after Samantha gets up from her nap.

I just made this dessert recipe to have for a snack, WW Key Lime Pie, I used strawberry jello and yogurt instead of lime though because I am not a huge fan of Key Lime pie, I also skipped the crust this time and put it in 4 separate bowls, because I just want it as a snack.  I have made the recipe once before and it is really good, it just has to set for 2 hours, so I can't wait. 

Yesterday's Stats:

No logged exercise

Calories In: 2000 of 2030 goal (my calorie goal changed after plugging more info into my app.)

No comments:

Post a Comment