So I have been thinking about how unfit I am and that being an older mom (meaning that I was older when I started to have my kids) I know that I need to make a change in my life if I want to be around to see my Grandchildren. Some of my friends from a board I am on that I have gotten to know over the past 3 years have been talking about running lately. They have inspired me to try to do more to get fit. One of the mom's mentioned a program called Couch to 5K and I thought that sounded like a good program.

So starting now, this blog is going to be about my journey to go from obese to fit. I don't know how long it is going to take, I am not looking for a quick fix, I want to do this for the long run and keep up with it. I am sure there are going to be times when I slip up, but I am creating this blog to keep me accountable. And for all of my followers to keep me accountable too. So I definitely encourage positive feedback!

~ Tina

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Decision

At first I had the idea that I would start to exercise and still eat what ever I wanted, but I have come to the conclusion that doing that isn't going to work.  I have to eat right too if I am really going to do this.  So starting tomorrow (since I am getting my groceries today) I will try much harder to stick to my food plan.  I use Coborns Delivers, so last night I placed my order so I have much better food choices around the house.  We are going to go to Costco today, so I'll pick up a few more things there too. 

I've been looking into double jogging strollers on Craigs List, I found one for $60 that normally goes for between $300-400.  It has reclining seats that recline independent from each other which is important to me since Sophie is so young she'll need to recline.  I also like that there is a divider between the two seats so that Samantha doesn't try to pull on Sophie.  It also has a rain/snow cover, so if it starts to rain a bit like my last walk I won't have to turn around and go right home.  Hopefully I'll be able to check it out today. 

I think I might try to do some mall walking with the girls this winter, I just think it's going to be too cold to be out with the two little ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment