So I have been thinking about how unfit I am and that being an older mom (meaning that I was older when I started to have my kids) I know that I need to make a change in my life if I want to be around to see my Grandchildren. Some of my friends from a board I am on that I have gotten to know over the past 3 years have been talking about running lately. They have inspired me to try to do more to get fit. One of the mom's mentioned a program called Couch to 5K and I thought that sounded like a good program.

So starting now, this blog is going to be about my journey to go from obese to fit. I don't know how long it is going to take, I am not looking for a quick fix, I want to do this for the long run and keep up with it. I am sure there are going to be times when I slip up, but I am creating this blog to keep me accountable. And for all of my followers to keep me accountable too. So I definitely encourage positive feedback!

~ Tina

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 1

Went for a walk with my friend Angela and my girls today.  We walked 1.7 miles, I am lucky enough to have a really nice walking path really close to my house.  It was such a beautiful day too.  I can really tell I am out of shape, because my legs are really achy tonight.  Part of the problem is I didn't have good shoes for walking, I went out later and got some good shoes, so hopefully that will help.  I am sure over time it will get much better as my body gets used to moving more.  Daylight savings is really throwing me off tonight too, it's 11:30pm and I am just now getting tired, I should have gone to bed an hour ago, and I have a 12 hour day tomorrow, so I really need to get some sleep!

Photobucket
Samantha & Sophie walking with Momma
Today's stats:

Distance: 1.7 Miles
Calories Burned: 195
Time: 42 Min.

Calories In:  2500 of 2090 goal
(As you can see I need to work on that too) 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you and your good start! I am lagging behind everyone, but have signed up for the couch to 5K emails so thats something. Oh well, I'll walk tomorrow...Thanks for the new blog and the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about peer pressure that gets us all going. Seeing everyone from our board talk about all their running really has inspired me. There is a couch to 5k group on Facebook too, I like getting their posts in my newsfeed.

    ReplyDelete