So I have been thinking about how unfit I am and that being an older mom (meaning that I was older when I started to have my kids) I know that I need to make a change in my life if I want to be around to see my Grandchildren. Some of my friends from a board I am on that I have gotten to know over the past 3 years have been talking about running lately. They have inspired me to try to do more to get fit. One of the mom's mentioned a program called Couch to 5K and I thought that sounded like a good program.

So starting now, this blog is going to be about my journey to go from obese to fit. I don't know how long it is going to take, I am not looking for a quick fix, I want to do this for the long run and keep up with it. I am sure there are going to be times when I slip up, but I am creating this blog to keep me accountable. And for all of my followers to keep me accountable too. So I definitely encourage positive feedback!

~ Tina

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 3

Took a nice walk again this afternoon with Samantha and Sophie.  What a beautiful day, I can't believe I was out in a sweatshirt with no coat in November!  I estimated my walk to be 1.8 miles today, my GPS wasn't working very good, said I had gone 6 miles when I know for sure I didn't go that far!

While I was out on my walk a met a local celebrity, Marjorie Johnson, she is the sweetest little lady, I have seen her before on Twin Cities Live and on the news.  She's a blue ribbon winner for her baked goods at the State Fair. 






Today's stats:

Distance: 1.8 Miles
Calories Burned: 193
Time: 34 Min.

Calories In:  2350 of 2090 goal

Did a little better with eating than the other day, but still not on target.  

No comments:

Post a Comment