So I have been thinking about how unfit I am and that being an older mom (meaning that I was older when I started to have my kids) I know that I need to make a change in my life if I want to be around to see my Grandchildren. Some of my friends from a board I am on that I have gotten to know over the past 3 years have been talking about running lately. They have inspired me to try to do more to get fit. One of the mom's mentioned a program called Couch to 5K and I thought that sounded like a good program.

So starting now, this blog is going to be about my journey to go from obese to fit. I don't know how long it is going to take, I am not looking for a quick fix, I want to do this for the long run and keep up with it. I am sure there are going to be times when I slip up, but I am creating this blog to keep me accountable. And for all of my followers to keep me accountable too. So I definitely encourage positive feedback!

~ Tina

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sharing my weight

I decided that I am going to share my weight.  I figure it is just a # and I am what I am, doesn't really matter what the scale says I am, everyone can see that I am over weight, so why hide the #.  I just stepped on the scale, of course that was at 12:00pm after eating lunch.  I weigh 210 lbs according to my cheap scale.  Wow, I think that is a record for me, well maybe with the exception of when I was pregnant.  Even though I know it is a high number, I don't feel so bad about it like I would think I would.  Maybe when you decide to make a change in your life it makes it easier to accept it? 

I just stepped outside to bring the dog out, and wow I can't believe how nice it is out there again today.  I sure did pick the right time to start an outdoor exercise routine!  I'll be heading out for my walk/jog as soon as Samantha wakes up from her nap! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tina! Congrats on starting a change. I've just recently starting to blog about my weight loss journey, too. And the feedback and encouragement is a great way to stay motivated and accountable.
    I'm off on my walk now, too. My husband just got home so he can be here with the kids.
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! I think you need to update your status-your followers seem to have doubled! ; ) So excited by your progress and how the blog is coming along!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey, nice to meet you! I am now following your blog as well.

    Casey & Shelby, Thanks for cheering me on!

    ReplyDelete